At Madeley Academy we employ a team of Careers Advisers to support our students to make informed and well-planned decisions about their future.
The Careers Department provides:
- Open access careers advice service for all Madeley students
- Careers Discovery sessions for Year 10 students
- Individual guidance interviews for all Year 11 and Sixth Form students.
- A 'drop-in' Careers Resource Centre with comprehensive and up-to-date information on opportunities in Education, Training and Employment.
- Access to careers exploration computer programmes such as Kudos
- 1-1 support for students making applications to university through the UCAS system
- Access to university outreach programmes, including residential summer schools
- Careers week (July 2017) and work experience for 6.1 students
- Employability skills and job search support, particularly for apprenticeships and school leaver schemes
Business and Industry Partnerships
One of the features which distinguish Madeley Academy from other Schools is the quality of the partnership shared with industry. Financial sponsorship is a significant investment in the life and work of the School, but employers also make major contributions to the design, delivery and assessment of the curriculum.
A key strategy for Careers provision is to develop relationships with key employers in order that a range of support such as careers talks, the provision of work experience and curriculum-linked activities can be organised.
We currently have partnership agreements with several local employers including:
- Q Hotels
- Dodd Group
In addition, Madeley Academy work with a range of local employers to offer enrichments activities for students including mock interviews, employer speed dating and careers insight sessions. If you are interested in working with Madeley Academy on enrichment projects please contact the Careers department.