Madeley Academy Ofsted Report
Madeley Academy Ofsted Report 25 April 2017
On 25 April 2017 the Academy was inspected by Ofsted and we were delighted to be judged Good with many Outstanding features.
The following quotes provide a good feel for what was reported by Ofsted:
- You, your Senior Leaders, Governors and all staff have high expectations about what pupils and Sixth Form students can achieve and are fully committed to raising their aspirations and those of their families. You have created a school where pupils achieve well and where Sixth Form students achieve exceptionally well
- The behaviour policy is highly effective
- There is a real community spirit in the school. Leaders and staff aim to support all pupils and Sixth Form students according to their individual needs. One pupil echoes what many feel when he said “I just love being at school”
- Your promotion of a culture of high aspirations and respect for others has led to pupils having positive attitudes to learning, being self-motivated and having confidence
- Teaching is usually good or better, and consistently so when students are taught in small groups. Teachers know their subjects well. Students who fall behind with their work are well supported to catch up.
- Pupils say their lessons are interesting and full of challenge and that they get very good support from their teachers. One pupil said the relationships they have with teachers “really make you want to come to school”
- Provision in the Sixth Form is a strength of the school. Achievement in both academic and vocational subjects is in the top 4% nationally
- A strong culture of safeguarding is evident throughout the school. Pupils feel very safe
- The strong focus on Careers education ensures that Year 11 pupils and students who continue into the Sixth Form are well prepared for the next stages of their lives. One Year 11 pupil said “we get amazing opportunities at the school”